South Illinois Tax and Accounting, d/b/a Jackson Hewitt, is your full service tax professional serving the Southern Illinois and Metro-east Areas.  We have several offices located in St. Clair, Madison and Monroe Counties to assist you with your taxneeds. Two of our offices, Swansea and Waterloo, are staffed year round to address your tax needs.  We offer the following services to our clients:
  1.  Individual Tax Returns - Federal Form 1040 and all state Forms 1040
  2.  Partnership Tax Returns - Federal Form 1065 Federal and applicable state forms.
  3.  Corporate Tax Returns - Federal Form 1120 and 1120S and applicable 
        state forms.
  4.  Fiduciary Tax Returns - Federal Form 1041 for Estates and Trust and 
        applicable state forms.
  5.  Non-profit Tax Returns - Federal Form 990 and applicable state forms 

  6.  Estate Tax Returns - Federal Form 706

  7.  Gift Tax Returns - Federal Form 709
In addition, we offer the following bookkeeping and record keeping services
  1.  Payroll Services - including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tax 
  2.  Bookkeeping Services - with varying degrees of involvement - at 
        reasonable rates.
  3.  Notary Services

Contact us for more information on any of these services 
or additional tax services for you, your business or organization.  

Call:  (618) 235-8514 or (618) 939-3330  


Services Offered
Copyright © 2014 South Illinois Tax and Accounting
Do you need to Amend a Tax Return? 
If you discover an error after you file your tax return, you can correct it by amending your return.
Here are 10 tips from the Internal Revenue Service about amending your federal tax return 

1.  You should file an amended return if you need to correct your filing status, number of dependents, total income, tax deductions or tax credits. 
2.  In some cases, you don’t need to amend your tax return. 
3. You must file an amended tax return on paper.
4. Multiple amended returns.  If you’re filing an amended return for more than one year, prepare a separate ammendment for each return. 
5. Keep the original return, you will need this information along with the correct information to complete the ammended return. 
6. If the changes involve other tax schedules or forms, attach them to the ammended return. Failure to do this will cause a delay in processing.
7. Amending to claim an additional refund.  If you’re expecting a refund from your original tax return, don’t file your amended return until after you have received that refund.
8. Amending to pay additional tax.  If you’re filing an amended tax return because you owe additional tax, you should file an ammended return and pay the tax as soon as possible to limit any interest and penalty charges.
9. When to file.  To claim a refund, you generally must file ammended return within three years from the date you filed your original tax return or within two years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later.
10. Processing time.  Normal processing time for amended returns is 8 to 12 weeks.  

Contact Us  - We can take 
care of it!
Let our tax professionals assist you with all of your tax needs. 

 Our Main Office is located at 
2663 N. Illinois St. 
Swansea, IL.  62226 


Your Southern Illinois and Metro-East Jackson Hewitt Tax Experts